The mission of the Soil Renaissance is to reawaken the public to the importance of soil health for enhancing healthy, profitable and sustainable natural resource systems. By achieving this, we envision soil health being the cornerstone of land use management decisions. We believe that knowledge, research and education will improve soil health and sustain Earth’s most valuable asset.
The Soil Renaissance defines soil health as the continued capacity of the soil to function as a vital living ecosystem that sustains plants, animals and humans.
The work of the Soil Renaissance will follow these guiding principles:
- Integrated systems approach
- Partnership driven
- Inclusive and representative
- Transparent and open source
- Communications at all levels
- Purposeful outcomes with measurable impacts
- Continuing evaluation and improvement